Friday, July 3, 2009

Early Morning Fun

I got up much earlier than usual today because I wanted drop off my passport renewal application at the passport office, which opens at 8am. I got into the queue around 8:20 and was out by 9:20 which isn't too bad all things considered. I was planning to be there earlier but sometimes things just don't work out.

The nearest passport office is very close to the Scarborough Town Center. I was hoping to find free parking in the mall parking lot but I couldn't find an open lot. It seems they don't want commuters filling up the parking lot before the customers arrive. Next I tried the parking lot of the government building in which the passport office is located, but the lot is very small and was already full at this early hour. After driving all the way around the mall again, I finally found the only open lot which I had missed the first time. By now it was already 8:10 and this parking lot is almost the furthest one from the government building.

No problem, I know the Scarborough Town Center mall quite well so I should be able to dash through it quickly. Except I haven't been in the mall for about 8 years, so when I walked in the door, I didn't recognise a darned thing! To top it off the mall is in the middle of a massive renovation project which just added to the confusion. So much for the quick dash! This was way too much fun to be having so early in the morning...

Well, at least I won't have to waste time picking up the passport. It seems that it is automatically mailed to you (via registered mail, of course) if you elect not to have your old passport returned with the new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment