Friday, November 20, 2009

Chrome OS

No, I'm not going to gush about how wonderful Chrome OS is. One, there is more than enough being written about it already. Two, I haven't tried it. Three, I don't really care enough to try it.

I believe that computers became truly powerful with the advent of with microcomputers. I don't mean powerful in terms of performance. The microcomputer gave individuals the power to use computers as they pleased and in the complete privacy of their homes. Before the microcomputer, what you were allowed to do on a computer was determined by the policies of the institution that owned the computers.

Chrome OS is leading us back to that world, and it make me a little sad. Yeah, I know I'm being overly dramatic, but I don't think that I am wrong either.

No comments:

Post a Comment