Wednesday, April 29, 2009

MPlayer And Mkv Linked Chapters IV

I finally got the MPlayer patches that I mentioned previously, to work. It turned out to be my own fault. While fixing a failed hunk in the configure script, I left out the line which enables the new directory scanning feature. After finding that error, the patch works now and there was much rejoicing!

It works but the external files must have the exact same codec headers as the main file, otherwise the external file will not be played. I believe the test ensures that the external files were encoded with the same settings as the main file. Whether this is a bug or feature, I'm not sure yet, but I already have one video which fails the test. I hope this is not a common problem. Only time will tell.

3 comments:

  1. It would be helpful if you posted the modified patch, as well as the parameters you passed to configure. Links to the updated parts from the old posts would be helpful, too, since this latest one isn't the one that comes up on Google.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post the new patch after I clean it first. This was my first look at the MPLayer source, so I had a lot of failed experiements. :-)

    Good point about links from the old post, thanks.

    ReplyDelete