Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour

I turned off the computers for Earth Hour today even though I can't really see the point in these symbolic gestures. Its easy to reduce your electricity usage for an hour, but we are fooling ourselves if we think it actually matters. During the blackout in 2003, I was without electricity for about 3 days which was about average for most of the Greater Toronto Area. Three days was tolerable but I was starting to miss the computer by that point. Am I completely dependent on electricity? Hell, yes! We all are.

1 comment:

  1. When the power's out my computer is the LEAST of my worries. Everything in my fridge melts and rottens, the house gets cold...! I don't care about the computer, I care for food and heat :P. Anyway, I didn't turn off anything on Earth Hour, thought it was sort of pointless :).

    ReplyDelete