Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Dakar 2011 Day 4

I've been looking forward to the Dakar for weeks and then. when the time comes, I forget. Sigh. It's annoying how the Dakar gets TV coverage everywhere else in the world (even in South Africa!), but nothing in Canada and the U.S. This is even more strange considering a well known U.S. driver like Robby Gordan is competing. Not that the lack of TV coverage is a problem for me, since I download it anyway. Love that Australian SBS HD coverage. ^_^

Another Canadian team is tackling the gruelling 14 day test. Perhaps they will be the first Canadians to finish in the Dakar in the car category. According to their Twitter page, they are in 111th place after stage 4 on day 5. Best of luck to them.

(Yes, yes, I know the title says day 4, but the TV coverage that I watch, is a day behind since I download it, remember? Sheesh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment