Tuesday, January 20, 2009

CouchDB Again

It is unusual that the PyGTA presentation is repeat of a TLUG talk since only 3 or 4 people attend both groups regularly. Even though it was almost the same presentation, I got more out it this time mostly due to fewer interruptions from the audience. TLUG has many experienced and knowledgeable people who can't resist throwing in their 2 cents.

For PyGTA, the presentation showed a simple Python library to access CouchDB API but I think some application level examples would be have been more useful. Anyway, I'm more interested in playing with CouchDB now so I might create a database to manage my video downloads to see how far CouchDB takes me. The general agreement amongst the group was that there is a lot that can be done with this type database, and the example of Lotus Notes certainly provides enough evidence for that assertion.

No comments:

Post a Comment