Friday, February 27, 2009

Some Success

I created the test sites and the customer will try them over the weekend. The site using Symfony ran into a snag. Symfony doesn't automatically initialize that database which is common on other frameworks. It does generate an SQL script that you must execute on the server. Our service does not provide shell access so my plan was to use phpMyAdmin to upload the script and execute it. That idea ran aground when I did a test upload. I don't know why yet.

It might be a good thing if the upload idea doesn't work. I'm not happy with allowing users access to phpMyAdmin, so it would be good to have another plan. I'm thinking of writing a PHP script which will initialize the database. The script would available to the users if they cannot write one on their own. The main problem with this idea is that I am not very good with PHP, so it would take me too long to write even such a simple script.

No comments:

Post a Comment